Bombay High Court Indian Flag
Hon'ble Former Chief Justices
   1   2  3   
21. Mr. D. P. MADON
22. Mr. M. N. CHANDURKAR
23. Mr. K. M. REDDY
24. Mr. M. H. KANIA
25. Mr. CHITTATOSH MOOKERJEE
26. Mr. P. D. DESAI
27. Mr. M. K. MUKHERJEE
28. Mrs. S. V. MANOHAR
29. Mr. A. A. BHATTACHARJEE
30. Mr. M. B. SHAH
31. Mr. Y. K. SABHARWAL
32. Mr. B. P. SINGH
33. Mr. C. K. THAKKER
34. Mr. D. C. BHANDARI
35. Mr. K. R. VYAS.
36. Mr. H. S. BEDI
37. Mr. SWATANTER KUMAR
38. Mr. ANIL DAVE
39. Mr. MOHIT SHAH
40. Mr. DHIRENDRA WAGHELA
CHIEF JUSTICE MR. VENKAT SHRINIVAS DESHPANDE
CHIEF JUSTICE MR. VENKAT SHRINIVAS DESHPANDE



B.A., LL.B.1980-1982
Honourable Mr. Justice Venkat Shrinivas Deshpande assumed charge as Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court on 19th November, 1980 after Hon'ble Justice B.N.Deshmukh and was appointed as Chief Justice on 12th January1981.

His Lordship was born 11th August, 1920. His Lordship was educated at Yogeshwari Nutan Vidyalaya High School, Ambejogai, Osmania University Law College, Hyderabad. His Lordship enrolled as First Grade Pleader of the former High Court of Hyderabad in October, 1945 and was permitted to appear in the High Court as per rules of the said High Court with effect from April 1947. His Lordship enrolled as an Advocate at the Hyderabad High Court in October, 1952, after the Bar Council Act of 1926 was made applicable to the Hyderabad State. In the year 1957 enrolled again as an advocate at the Bombay High Court as per provisions of the States Regulation Act, 1956. His Lordship did Criminal and Civil work of Original Side while practising in Hyderabad Court from 1945 to 1956 and Civil and Criminal work at the Appellate Side in Bombay High Court since 1957. His Lordship worked as Assistant Government Pleader in Bombay High Court from March 1961. His Lordship was appointed as Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court on 11th June, 1967 and was made a Permanent Judge on 8th January,1968. His Lordship appointed Acting Chief Justice from 19th October, 1980 . His Lordship retired as Chief Justice of High Court of Bombay on 11th August, 1982.